|Position Title:||Assistant Property Manager/
Senior Property Administrator
|Reports To:||Director, Property & Leasing|
40 Weber St E Suite 70, Kitchener, ON
About the Company:
Founded in 2003 by seasoned real estate executives, Europro, an asset management company, is supported by an in-house property management, financial, leasing and development team. We identify investment property opportunities, complete due diligence and analysis, acquire and manage the investment. When appropriate for our investors, we organize the disposition of the property. Investments include retail properties, office towers and industrial buildings. Europro currently manages over 30 assets with over $600 million in value covering more than 4 million square feet. The Europro Kitchener office is a full-service site office serving 8 buildings, 1.1 million square feet and approximately 100 tenants.
About the Position:
You will be involved in all aspects of assisting the Operations team in the Kitchener Office. Your superior communication and organizational skills mean that you are able to respond to tenant inquiries, you exude professionalism and your customer service skills are second to none. You will also assist the property manager with regular reporting, budgeting, tenant correspondence and general administration.
Property Management Assistance
- Receiving incoming requests for service – via phone, email or in-person – from Tenants and responding by providing information, problem solving, or escalating the matter as appropriate.
- Drafting All-Tenant communication materials, for review by the Property Manager and ensuring that All-Tenant communication materials, e.g. Welcome/Move-in and Emergency procedures packages are maintained accurately and up to-date
- Provide administrative support to Property Manager
- Front line contact for tenants on an on-going basis to answer questions concerning property administration and resolve their concerns including follow up to ensure satisfaction
- Preparing tenant chargeback invoices
- Prepare correspondence for Property Manager and draft notices to tenants as required
- Enter, update and maintain accurate tenant lease information in YARDI tenant
- Review monthly rent roll to ensure accuracy for billing
- Maintain Tenant and Supplier contact information
- Work with Accounts Payable department to code all expenses
- Maintain schedule of up to date insurance certificates for all tenants and trades to assist Property Manager in the preparation of monthly reports to Owners including Executive Summary
- Entering purchase orders in Quickbooks / YARDI and distributing / place orders to assist with special projects that may arise
- Prepare and issue approved rental advice notices for any new tenants / leases and at the beginning of each year
- Approve changes made by Property Accountant in YARDI database to reflect move out and over holding tenant changes
- Notify all utilities for final meter reading requirements and billing changes
- Maintaining tenant contact lists, vendor and fire warden lists, emergency call out lists.
- Coordinate the accounts receivable collection process for your designated properties
- Entry of cheques into YARDI system, cash application and print daily cash receipt list and audit list, attach to deposit for filing. Prepare and update Excel listing of post-dated cheques – all post-dated cheques to be filed in safe by month.
- Prepare the deposit and take to bank – deposit copy at Head Office
- All tenant collections, follow up and reconciliation of tenant accounts.
- Preparation of A/R adjustments for Property Manager approval. Data entry approved A/R adjustments into YARDI
- Prepare narrative aged accounts receivable reports for Accounting mid-month and month end
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within commercial real estate.
- Strong decision-making capabilities to provide high-level service to tenants needs.
- Excellent customer service skills, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products (MS Word and Excel)
- Experience working with YARDI 7 is preferable
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality with a professional business manner.
Please email resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Job: Assistant Property Manager / Senior Property Admin” in the subject line.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and our organization; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.