|Property Manager/Senior Property Manager|
Head Office – Toronto
About the Company:
Founded in 2003 by seasoned real estate executives, Europro, an asset management company, is supported by an in-house property management, financial, leasing and development team. We identify investment property opportunities, complete due diligence and analysis, acquire and manage the investment. When appropriate for our investors, we organize the disposition of the property. Investments include retail properties, office towers and industrial buildings. Europro currently manages over 30 assets with over $600 million in value covering more than 4 million square feet. Europro is a highly entrepreneurial and driven organization that generates profits for its investors. For more information on Europro please visit our website www.europro.ca.
About the Position:
In this role you will manage capital projects and be the main point of contact for all tenant inquiries and requests. You will work alongside the Europro leadership team to create and implement innovative procedures to improve quality of service for tenants. The portfolio encompasses ~1,000,000 square feet and 200+ tenants.
- Accomplish financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Oversee and manage building on-site teams
- Maintain building systems, including vendor sourcing and set-up
- Secure property by contracting with security patrol service, installing and maintaining security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies.
- Enforce occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators
- Responsible for all tenant receipts and outstanding rents
- Meet organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Manage the coding and approval of invoices according to budget schedules; liaise with head office accounting team to ensure financial accuracy
- Attract tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units
- Negotiate leases with existing tenants and prospective tenants
- 5+ years as a Property Manager of large commercial buildings required
- Experience leading a small team
- Experience in contract administration
- Highly collaborative management and working style
- Passionate about building structure and process
- Excel at building relationships
- Familiar with applicable local, provincial and federal laws and regulations
- Highly experienced with budget and reporting management
- Impeccable interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of office software: Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Knowledge of YARDI 7s a strong asset
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and short timelines
- Ability to handle matters requiring diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality
- Strong ability to learn continually on the job under pressure, on own initiative, often without prior training or instructions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
Please email resumes with cover letter to email@example.com indicating “Job: Property Manager” in the subject line.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and our organization; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.